Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Best Prank Ever

Today I really started to understand the Microsoft Word 2007 system. I was able to add shapes and format them the way I wanted to be able to design my own CV. It was rather gratifying. The problem I have is that I don't really know what to put on my CV. I've don't have much experience worth mentioning in geology, so I don't know exactly what to put on the CV.

The best prank ever was on my mission in Manaus, Brasil. I was financial secretary in the mission office for ten months of my mission. Every once in a while an Elder would have to stay at the office recovering from an injury or something like that. A certain Elder, whom we shall call Elder Ambrosio for the purpose of this blog, had sprained his ankle and had to stay with us for several months during his recovery. He was the kind of person that had to know everything that was going on. He would sit in front of us and just stare asking pointless questions. Needless to say, he drove us all crazy and we couldn't ever get away from him since he could never stay alone and his leg was in a cast and couldn't walk. So we decided to pull a prank on the poor child. The time was nearing for his transfer to a real area and to get back to work, but the mission president hadn't yet informed him to where he was being transferred. So, we took it into our own hands and decided for him, though this wasn't going to be a normal transfer. We utilized our incredible clerical skills as secretaries of the mission and prepared all the forged paper work for his transfer to the Belem mission. We took a plane ticket from the files and scanned it into the computer, switching names, dates, and city names and planted the papers on the president's desk. In front of the victim, a staged phone call from "the president" was placed and the executive secretary retrieved the phony tickets from the President's desk. All the papers were done and Elder Ambrosio believed that he was actually being transferred to the other mission. The prank was perfectly executed and if we hadn't blatantly told him of his folly he would have called a taxi to go to the airport an hour later with all his belongings. This was definitely the best prank I have ever performed.

No comments: