Friday, September 12, 2008

Interview Preparation and Differentiation

Today I learned alot about the importance of preparing for an interview. I had never thought of studying the company beforehand or coming up with questions to ask the interviewer. I recently was interviewed for a job at a credit union and I did hear that question, "do you have any questions?" I didn't know what to say. I learned a few things about interviewing and I thought I was pretty well prepared, but I never thought or heard to ask questions. That's definitely something that will help me in the future. I did get the job, by the way.

I heard that we have to have an interest in the field that we are interviewing for and I'm not sure how to decide what I'm really interested in. That's my question. I don't know how to discover what my interests are. That sounds like something really important in the interview that I need to determine.

I can't think of anything distinguishing about myself. I need to get more involved in mentoring anfd research to be able to find such things. I think that as I do so I will be able to find some distinction between me and other candidates/students.

1 comment:

lazyizzy said...

en I first saw thw word differentiation... I thought.... DERIVATIVES

don't ask me why... they haunt my dreams